Chair’s opening remarks
A practical guide on the shingles immunisation programme
- Provide an overview of shingles and its possible complications.
- Provide understanding of the shingles National Immunisation Programme including eligibility.
- Discuss best practice examples of implementation of the programme at a local level.
The Progestogen Matters
Best practice updates on asthma
- Updates on diagnosing; Spirometry, FeNO and reversibility testing.
- BTS/SIGN guidance and the implications for nurses.
- Two guidelines suggesting different approaches: NICE vs BTS/SIGN.
Addressing influenza vaccine effectiveness; an update on advice for influenza vaccine options for 2019/20 flu season
- Key challenges and causes of reduced vaccine effectiveness and how new vaccines may help.
- Influenza vaccine recommendations for 2019/20 season.
- Educational and practical guidance for licensed vaccines in adults.
Learning disability – Improving Lives Programme
- Annual health checks.
- Supporting the primary healthcare team to care for people with a learning disability.
- Awareness of reasonable adjustments for people with a learning disability.
Diet and Type 2 Diabetes Remission: the latest evidence and practical guidance
- Is Type 2 diabetes remission achievable for patients?
- What dietary approaches can achieve remission in Type 2 diabetes remission?
- What support do our patients need to be successful?
*Please note, this is a draft programme, and subject to change. Cogora reserve the right to amend content without prior warning.
**We would like to thank our exhibitors for supporting this conference. This includes a number of pharmaceutical companies. Unless stated in the programme, they have had no input into the agenda, speaker selection or content.
Find out more about the Cardiff event by clicking on the buttons below.