Chair’s opening remarks
A practical guide on the National Shingles Immunisation Programme
- Provide an overview of shingles and its possible complications.
- Provide understanding of the shingles National Immunisation Programme including eligibility.
- Discuss best practice examples of implementation of the programme at a local level.
The Progestogen Matters
- A better understanding of the varied effects of different progestogens used as part of HRT.
- Be aware of the different effects on outcomes such as coronary heart disease, venous thromboembolism (VTE) and breast cancer.
- Enable a logical plan of action when prescribing oestrogens and progestogens in HRT combinations.
Best practice updates on asthma
- Updates on diagnosing; Spirometry, FeNO and reversibility testing.
- BTS/SIGN guidance and the implications for nurses.
- Two guidelines suggesting different approaches: NICE vs BTS/SIGN.
Addressing the challenges of inhaler technique
- Familiarisation with inhaler competency guidelines.
- The importance of correct inhaler technique.
- Applying learnings using placebo devices.
Combatting Malnutrition in the UK
- How minerals contribute to health and wellbeing and which minerals individuals are becoming particularly deficient in.
- The types of food groups medical professionals should encourage patients to consume in order to ensure they are hitting goals.
- The importance of nurses in giving dietary advice, especially at a time when many sources of information are unregulated.
Learning disability – Improving Lives Programme
- Annual health checks.
- Supporting the primary healthcare team to care for people with a learning disability.
- Awareness of reasonable adjustments for people with a learning disability.
A guide to dermatology in primary care
- What are the most common presentations of skin problems?
- Assessing disease severity and suitable treatment.
- Impact on functional, psychological and social well-being.
Diet and Type 2 Diabetes Remission: the latest evidence and practical guidance
- Is Type 2 diabetes remission achievable for patients?
- What dietary approaches can achieve remission in Type 2 diabetes remission?
- What support do our patients need to be successful?
*Please note, this is a draft programme, and subject to change. Cogora reserve the right to amend content without prior warning.
**We would like to thank our exhibitors for supporting this conference. This includes a number of pharmaceutical companies including Boehringer Ingelheim Limited, Chiesi Ltd, Johnson & Johnson, MSD, Mylan, Orion Pharma, Pfizer Ltd, Trudell Medical UK Limited and Urgo Limited. Unless stated in the programme, they have had no input into the agenda, speaker selection or content.
Find out more about the Cardiff event by clicking on the buttons below.