For more information about speakers, please click on their name.
Chair welcome and opening remarks
A practical guide on the shingles immunisation programme in England
- Provide an overview of shingles and its possible complications.
- Provide understanding of the shingles National Immunisation Programme including eligibility.
- Discuss best practice examples of implementation of the programme at a local level.
Current trends in sexual and reproductive health
- Outlining current issues.
- Signs, symptoms and treatment of common STIs.
- Updates on FRSH contraception guidelines.
Addressing influenza vaccine effectiveness; an update on advice for influenza vaccine options for 2019/20 flu season
- Key challenges and causes of reduced vaccine effectiveness and how new vaccines may help.
- Influenza vaccine recommendations for 2019/20 season.
- Educational and practical guidance for licensed vaccines in adults.
Online services in primary care – what they mean for nurses and their patients
- What online services are available in primary care?
- What are the benefits of online services in primary care for all nurses and their patients?
- How is your role and the care you provide affected by access to online services?
- What/who is out there to help nurses lean and share best practice/ideas?
A guide to dermatology in primary care
- What are the most common presentations of skin problems?
- Assessing disease severity and suitable treatment.
- Impact on functional, psychological and social well-being.
Supporting individuals with dementia and their carers
- The most common symptoms of dementia that we encounter.
- Dealing with communication deficits and resistance to physical care.
- Education and support for carers, staff and service users.
Best practice updates on asthma
- Updates on diagnosing: Spirometry, FeNO and reversibility testing.
- BTS/SIGN guidance and the implications for nurses.
- Two guidelines suggesting different approaches: NICE vs BTS/SIGN.
*Please note, this is a draft programme, and subject to change. Cogora reserve the right to amend content without prior warning.
**We would like to thank our exhibitors for supporting this conference. This includes a number of pharmaceutical companies including Chiesi Ltd, GSK, MSD, Orion Pharma, Pfizer Ltd, Seqirus Ltd, Trudell Medical UK Ltd, and Urgo Limited. Unless stated in the programme, they have had no input into the agenda, speaker selection or content.
Find out more about the Bristol event by clicking on the buttons below.