Hypertension – what is it, why does it matter and how to diagnose and treat
- Aetiology of hypertension
- Impact of hypertension
- Diagnosis and management
- What do patients worry about and what can we recommended
Living Well with Asthma
The importance of selecting effective dressing combination
- Science and clinical benefits of Hydrofiber® Technology
- Supporting positive clinical patient outcomes
- Combining wound dressings for effective outcomes
Treating Lipids in the Community
- Parkinson’s “What we know”.
- Managing the condition at all stages.
- Parkinson’s UK offering support.
Core Capabilities Framework for Advanced Clinical Practice (Nurses) Working in General Practice / Primary Care in England
- National Advanced Practice update
- Advanced practice educational pathway for primary care
- Discussion around the framework
- Forthcoming Primary Care Nursing Career & Capabilities Framework
- Guided design of your individual vehicle for well-being
- Explore evidence based content on the impact of resilience on your well-being
- Take the opportunity to reflect, discuss and evaluate which parts need attention
Retirement. Should I stay or should I go?
- What’s stopping you? Unblocking the barriers
- Some serious practical and financial considerations
- Healthy and happy alternatives to retirement
Needing permission: the experience of self-care and self-compassion in nursing
- Caring for ourselves, alongside our patients.
- Managing the emotions of caring.
- Barriers and facilitators for engaging in self-care.
Addressing the burden of influenza in older adults in the UK
Understanding the big picture – Are we prescribing in a sustainable way?
Wound Hygiene, four simple steps to progress hard to heal wounds
- Introduce the concept of Wound Hygiene
- Understand the link between Biofilm and hard to heal wounds
- Learn about the four simple steps of wound Hygiene – Cleanse, Debride, Refashion and Dress
Promoting psychological wellbeing during times of adversity: Can we learn anything from the military?
- Explain a psychological reaction to a traumatic event
- Describe how the military support their workforce
- Summarise some of the recent recommendations for supporting healthcare workers
- Consider the similarities between the military and civilian approaches
#Act On Asthma – Addressing Patient Needs In The Era Of COVID-19
- Insights into which asthma patients to prioritise
- Practical advice on how to optimise treatment in the current situation and beyond
Contraception: a practical approach
- Be able to teach the new ways of using combined hormonal methods
- Be able to describe LARCs in “just a minute”
- Know how to bridge with a progestogen only pill
- Understand why the insertion site for the contraceptive implant has changed
Addressing influenza vaccine effectiveness: cell-based influenza vaccine technology as an option
- Learn some basic facts about cervical cancer and the link with human papilloma virus
- Understand the basics of the cervical screening programme
- Know who should have smears more often than in the standard programme and how to ensure that this happens
- Be aware of the issues that can arise when arranging screening for trans men
Inhalers: The Essential Knowledge for Clinical Practice
Type 2 Diabetes: What’s new?
- Exploring type 2 diabetes remission, what is the evidence?
- How can this be implemented in primary care?
- COVID 19- Supporting those people with type 2 diabetes at high risk
Me and my domestic abuse journey; a Harrowing but inspiring story
- You will hear Rachel’s personal journey.
- Leave with more knowledge around domestic abuse and hopefully how to help and advise someone who maybe experiencing domestic abuse
- Understand more about the barriers that victims of abuse face.
Supporting smokers who want to quit
- The best ways to help smokers quit
- The role of vaping in smoking cessation
- Smoking and Covid-19
10 ways to reduce cancer risk
- Learn how lifestyle affects cancer risk
- Receive useful and practical tips for cancer prevention, based on the latest scientific evidence
- Access free cancer prevention and survivorship resources
Vital nutrition for busy days
- Quick and easy lunchbox ideas to help maintain and sustain your energy levels
- Simple shortcuts to keep you well nourished when life gets busy
- Batch cooking, menu planning and freezer food
- Store cupboard essentials for a healthy shopping list
Osteoporosis: Cause and Effect of the Forgotten Long-Term Condition
- Osteoporosis: explaining its Incidence and Impact
- Incorporating National clinical guidelines within service design & functionality
- The 5iQ model: cross-boundary working practices to support & enhancing care
Motivational interviewing: An introduction and Overview
- Know what Motivational Interviewing is – and what it isn’t!
- Be familiar with its spirit, style, principles and processes
- Understand how it enables delivery of person-centred care, shared decision making and health coaching
Assessing and managing older people living with frailty
- Understanding and identifying frailty.
- Assessing and managing frailty.
- Delaying or preventing frailty progression.
End of life care
- What learnings are there for nursing staff as we prepare for the Autumn’s combination of localised outbreaks, flu and potential increased mortality rates?
- What lessons can we learn from patients, carers and families?
- How can we navigate through the changing clinical guidance and build up resilience to help prepare for months ahead?
- Allergic rhinitis and its impact
- The scale of the problem
- Principles of treatment
Supporting people with dementia and their family carers
- The importance of recognising the symptoms of dementia and supporting access to a timely investigations and diagnosis
- The impact of dementia and managing co morbid conditions
- Support and education for people with dementia, their families and the health and social care workforce
- The questions to ask
- Common and not so common causes
- Examination of the vulva : what’s normal and what’s not.
Understanding suicide as a complex health issue
- Understanding healthcare links to suicide for patients and staff
- The skills and tools needed to address risk and crisis
- Outside of hospital factors and opportunities needed to address suicide risk
- The role of the ZSA in facilitating the sector and our offer
Mental Health Services during Covid-19: Challenges, innovations and adaptations
- Discuss the biggest challenges met by staff during the pandemic
- Discuss innovations and adaptions taken by staff/trusts
- Provide recommendations regarding how to maintain a positive mental health
Gambling treatment for specific groups
- Who experiences gambling harms?
- Identifying a hidden addiction
- Treating the whole person
Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- What is GAD and how is it diagnosed?
- Managing GAD in primary care
- Self-help tips
Creating your Career at Priory
Stop stressing your patients out!
- Examine how autistic individuals experience their environments, including discussion around hypo and hyper-stimulation
- Discuss how autistic people may experience healthcare environments (both clinical, and community-based) and how these may increase anxiety
- Gain insight into how environments affect autistic people, what simple adjustments can be made and knowledge of best practice
How Collaborative Care can Lead to “Recovery” from an Eating Disorder – A Carer’s Perspective.
- Veronica’s personal account of caring for her two daughters with an eating disorder
- Her co-dependent relationship with her eldest daughter
- Tips for supporting carers
Can Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) skills improve self-management in COPD?
- Briefly look at the burden of respiratory disease (physical & psychological)
- Evidence for self-management in COPD
- Cognitive behavioural therapy, latest research
A critical introduction to ‘borderline personality disorder’ (BPD)
- Experiences and symptoms associated with ‘BPD’
- Diagnosis or diagnonsense?
- How healthcare helps, and how it harms
Inhaler device optimisation: right device to fit the right patient
Why effective exudate management is so important
- What is exudate
- Consequence of excess exudate
- Assessing wound exudate
- Managing exudate
lunch’n’learn with toolkits for healthcare professionals
- The shapes toolkit is a development framework which uses 7 resilience, coaching and productivity tools – the ‘shapes’, to help people to become more resilient, work better together, prioritise their time, empower their teams to solve their own problems and to take more control over those things that they can.
- We will focus on a couple of these shapes to recognise when you are heading towards stressful situations and better prioritise your time and workload
Insomnia and its Treatments
- An overview on insomnia
- Lifestyle tips to prevent it
- Drug and non-drug treatments
*Please note, this information is correct at the current time. Cogora reserve the right to amend content without prior warning.
**We would like to thank our exhibitors, sponsors and partners for supporting this meeting. This includes a number of pharmaceutical companies including Chiesi Ltd, Boehringer Ingelheim Ltd, Abbott Laboratories Limited, Trudell Medical UK Limited, Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Ltd, La Roche-Posay and Seqirus UK Limited. These companies have only had input into their individual sessions on the programme where clearly labelled.